Role synopsis of HSSE Performance Advisor
The purpose of the HSSE Performance Advisor role is to be the Custodian of all HSSE performance and organizational learning for Australia & New Zealand (ANZ) Marketing, Sales & Logistics (MS&L)including communication and reporting of performance to BP Group and ANZ MS&L leadership. You would be expected to develop and communicate strategic insights on HSSE performance to inform strategy and interventions across Australia & New Zealand establish and maintain systems and processes, to effectively analyse, interpret, monitor, learn from and report MS&L HSSE performance. You would be the single point of accountability for organizational learning for Australia & New Zealand
There are two core areas of accountability being HSSE Performance & Strategic Insights and Organizational Learning
HSSE Performance & Strategic Insights
- Lead and coordinate HSSE performance input to relevant Entity governance forums to drive continuous improvement opportunities.
- Accountable for BP Group and regulatory required safety and environmental performance reporting.
- Establish and maintain fit for purpose HSSE lead and lag performance indicators, and provide input to development of annual performance targets.
- Ensure systems and processes are in place to capture and obtain relevant HSSE performance data, including adhoc and scheduled reports from the incident reporting system (IRIS).
- Ensure systems and processes are in place for BP and regulatory required environmental reporting.
- Provide analytical expertise to interpret HSSE performance data, and provide advice and coaching to develop strategies to address identified weak performance signals.
- Track, monitor and report on progress against HSSE plans, investigations and other HSSE interventions.
- Represent Australia & New Zealand internally and externally as the organisational learning lead and Subject Matter Expert for OMS 2.4 Organizational learning.
- Lead the Australia & New Zealand learning forum, including preparation of pre-read and gathering and assessment of relevant learning’s – internal and external.
- Oversee the ANZ Marketing, Sales & Logistics responses and monitor agreed interventions from High Value learning’s and learning alerts.
- Benchmark good operating practices across BP and external sources and assess opportunities to improve local operating systems and performance
- Health & Safety background regarded highly but not mandatory.
Essential experience and job requirements
- Demonstrated ability to interpret and analyse multiple inputs and effectively communicate a strategic view of performance across all business levels.
- Demonstrated experience and expertise in performance analysis
- Advanced data analytical skills, including proficiency with analytical software (e.g. excel)
- Understanding of and experience working with a continuous improvement methodology
- Strong ability to influence outside of direct line.
- Ability to communicate with positive personal impact.
- Well-developed conceptual, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Experience in developing programs and delivering ongoing improvements to business practices.