Role synopsis of Statutory Reporting Analyst
The Statutory Reporting Analyst ensures timely and accurate preparation and review of statutory accounts for the high complexity entities and full reconciliations from ledgers to statutory accounts and corporate reporting while ensuring adherence to policies and procedures in the drive for exceptional customer service, operational excellence and compliance.
- Prepare draft statutory accounts for high complexity entities, director’s brief, audit file, tax packs, quality control check lists, and any other documentation necessary.
- Support the delivery of timely and accurate statutory accounts and tax analysis and queries through liaison with the relevant Finance reporting teams, Group Tax and external auditors.
- Coordinate the prompt and accurate preparation of tax packs for the assigned entities in line with relevant requirements, policies and procedures.
- Coordinate and facilitate external audits as and when necessary.
- Monitor open and overdue items and communicate and follow-up accordingly with the appropriate staff.
- Manage and coordinate the reconciliation of the relevant systems to ensure they balance and that any discrepancies or variations are investigated and corrected.
Implement best practices for the respective processes and proactively identify, propose and implement continuous improvement opportunities in existing processes within the team.
Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or related field. Recognised professional accounting qualification (e.g. ACCA, CPA, CIMA)
Essential experience and job requirements
- Member of the Malaysian Institute of Accountants (MIA) (if managing Malaysian entities).
- Minimum of 4 – 5 years of experience in general accounting with a good understanding of relevant external financial reporting requirements and developments and the Group Reporting Manual.
Other Requirements (e.g. Travel, Location)
Desirable criteria & qualifications
- Experience of reporting processes and systems within BP.
- Shared service centre experience.
- External Audit experience
- Prefer candidates with experience in Upstream Accounting and / or reporting. E.g. Profit Sharing Account or Profit Sharing Contract.